Purposeful Business Start-up Programme
If you dream of running a profitable business that has a positive impact for people and planet, or if you need to adapt your current business so it can flourish in a changing market, we will support you on your adventure.
We set up The Future Fixers Business Start-Up Programme to inspire people to use business to create a kinder, greener, fairer world. This is an exciting opportunity to get support with the initial steps of launching your very own purposeful enterprise.
As well as teaching you a range of essential skills, and ways of thinking about how to do ‘good’ business, we also help you to focus on yourself as a person. Through group and individual coaching, we gradually build your resilience so that you can face the inevitable challeges with confidence, and can make a real success of building a flourishing business.
Our programme is different from other start-up programmes in two simple ways:
- You will understand what makes you tick, what motivates you, and how you can stay resilient. (Research has shown that this is the key to a successful business).
- You will explore business planning, marketing, sales, and finance but always with a focus on how your business can have a positive impact on people and planet.
WHO’S IT FOR?
This is for you if you believe that business has a role to play in creating a better world for everyone. We particularly welcome those in the Westmorland and Furness area, who are motivated to create a profitable business, social enterprise or charity with people and planet at heart.
We also welcome you if you’re in the early years of a running your business and want to pivot towards purpose.
Signing up for the Future Fixers Business Start-up Programme means you will benefit from the support of others in your group and will have lots of opportunities for purposeful collaboration. You will become part of the wider Future Fixers network and will have one–to-one personal development sessions to help you thrive in your business and in your life!
By the end of the programme you will have a clear vision for the future and a focused plan to get there as well as the confidence and resilience needed to carry it through.
The programme content will include the following (and more):
- The support and guidance you need to make your business idea a reality, including an optional private Facebook Group where you connect with other people on the programme.
- The multiple benefits of the ‘People, Planet, Profit’ business model, or triple bottom line, for your enterprise
- Purposeful business planning, finance, marketing and time management.
- Encouragement to set goals that will truly inspire you (and get you out of bed in the mornings!)
- The chance to build resilience and develop your interpersonal effectiveness, essential to running a successful business.
- The knowledge and understanding you need to ‘get out of your own way’ and make a success of your life.
- Opportunities to sell your product or service and to network with key influencers.
- Access to online peer support sessions to enhance your personal effectiveness and resilience.
- One-to-one coaching sessions.
- Optional personal effectiveness questionnaire (TIFF) and two-hour personal feedback session to help you communicate more effectively, connect with your strengths, and transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
- Eligible for a business support grant on completion of programme.
- Become part of the wider Future Fixers network of businesses, all doing good things for people and planet.
Our next programme will be delivered face-to-face starting in February 2024. There will be six sessions across 3 full days in The Georgian Room at Kendal Town Hall. We will provide course materials to work through in your own time, and you will be ‘buddied up’ with others on the course so that you can support each on your journey. You will be given access to an exclusive Facebook group, where you can share experiences and insights with other ‘Fixers’.
Clarifying your purposeful business idea (including uncovering your ‘why’ and your values).
Setting meaningful goals and planning your purposeful business.
Developing a purposeful business plan (with a difference).
Selling your goods/services (in a way that doesn’t feel like selling).
Some things you need to know about marketing.
Presenting you and your business with confidence.
- Optional, free, online peer support group
- One-to-one personal and business development coaching
If you are unsure whether you want to start a business, or need to explore and clarify your idea, you’re welcome to a FREE clarity call. E mail to book a time.
The full cost of the programme including TIFF personal profile is £500*
For residents of Westmorland and Furness the programme is heavily subsidised at £80 plus an optional £100 for a TIFF personal profile.
You will also be eligible for a business support grant on completion of the programme.
Register your interest by signing up with Eventbrite (Feel free to e mail to arrange at call first.)
We will then send you a registration form
Once we’ve received your registration form back we will discuss payment options with you.
E mail Karen and Dave at if you’d like to have a chat with us first.