Purposeful Business Start-up Programme
Perhaps you have dreams to set up an enterprise to help you live the life you want to live, or you need to adapt your current business to enable it to flourish in a changing market. In either case Future Fixers is here to support you.
Combining their unique skills and interests Dave and Karen set up The Future Fixers Business Start-Up Programme to inspire and encourage people to launch purposeful businesses which have at their heart the essence of who you truly are. We do this because we believe that by understanding yourself first, you will be able to create a profitable business which is an expression of your uniqueness, a business that you and your customers will love.
Our programme is different from other start-up programmes in two simple ways:
- You will understand what makes you tick, what motivates you, and how you can stay resilient. (Research has shown that this is the key to a successful business).
- You will explore business planning, marketing, sales, and finance but always with a focus on how your business can have a positive impact on people and planet.
WHO’S IT FOR?
If you think you want to start a business and want to do something worthwhile but you’re a little bit scared (understandably) and not sure where to start, do get in touch.
Or if you’re in the early years of a new business and feel like you need to re-evaluate where you’re going then please contact us.
The Future Fixers programme will enable you to benefit from the peer support of others in your group and will provide you with opportunities to collaborate. A one–to-one session with either Karen or Dave will be a FREE optional extra for the first eight people to sign up.
By the end of the programme you will have a clear vision for the future and a focused plan to get there as well as the confidence and resilience needed to carry it through.
The programme content will include the following (and more):
- The support and guidance you need to make your business idea a reality, including an optional private Facebook Group
where you connect with other people on the programme.
- The multiple benefits of the ‘People, Planet, Profit’ business model, or triple bottom line, for your enterprise
- Purposeful business planning, finance, marketing and time management.
- Encouragement to set goals that will truly inspire you (and get you out of bed in the mornings!)
- The chance to develop your interpersonal effectiveness, essential to running a successful business.
- The knowledge and understanding you need to ‘get out of your own way’ and make a success of your life.
- Support to connect with a mentor in your chosen field who is already doing good business, and who can pass on tips to you.
- Opportunities to sell your product or service and to network with key influencers.
- One year’s FREE access to Future Fixers Coaching Circle a fortnightly online group coaching session that keeps you motivated
and on track.
You will have the chance to learn about the award winning Functional Fluency Model of Human Social Behaviour and the associated TIFF tool which will give you the understanding you need to communicate more effectively, and to transform patterns of behaviour that don’t work well.
Our next programme will be delivered online starting on Wed 16th Sep 2020 and finishing on Wed 25th Nov. It will combine fortnightly ‘face to face’ sessions via Zoom with downloadable resources to work on in your own time alongside a private Facebook group.
Session 1: Wed 16th Sep 1pm – 4pm
Clarifying your purposeful business idea (including uncovering your ‘why’ and your values).
Session 2: Wed 30th Sep 1pm – 4pm
Setting meaningful goals and planning your purposeful business.
Session 3: Wed 14th Oct 1pm – 4pm
Developing a purposeful business plan (with a difference).
Session 4: Wed 4th Nov 1pm – 4pm
How to sell your goods/services (in a way that doesn’t feel like selling).
Session 5: Wed 11th Nov 1pm – 4pm
Lots of things you need to know about marketing.
Session 6: Wed 25th Nov 1pm – 4pm
Presenting you and your business with confidence.
If you are unsure whether or not you want to start a business, or need to explore and clarify your idea you’re welcome to join our introductory course. (In fact we’d encourage everyone to start here if you can):
Is your Business Idea a Good One?
Wednesday 19th August 7pm – 9pm
This introductory workshop costs just £10.
Please see more details on the Introductory Course page.
Our online business start-up courses are currently FREE for residents of South Lakeland thanks to funding from South Lakeland District Council.
If you live outside the area we are offering the start-up programme at a much reduced rate of £395. However, if you cannot afford this, do please get in touch as we may be able to offer more free places. We want to help as many people as possible to set up purposeful businesses during these challenging times.